Meet Mr. Michael Ryan, Music Teacher

Home Forums Portrait of a Tiger Meet Mr. Michael Ryan, Music Teacher

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Fairhill PTA 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Fairhill PTA
    Keymaster

ryanWhen did you realize you wanted to become a teacher?

I realized I wanted to be a teacher when I was in Middle School. I had two wonderful social studies teachers Mr. Walker in 7th grade and Mr. Milner in 8th grade. They were very passionate about teaching and cared for all their students. This made me realize I wanted to be a teacher. It was in High School that I realized I wanted to teach music.

What made you want to teach at an elementary school?

I really enjoy being with students at the very beginning of their musical education. Starting them off when they have very little knowledge of a subject and watching them grow over five or six years is an amazing experience.

Name something you would like to improve upon. 

Understanding the needs of my individual students so I can help them develop as learners. This will take a while as I have 200 students at Fairhill, but I am up to the challenge.

Which school/university did you attend?  

Towson University, Go Towson Tigers!

What do you think of Fairhill? Why do you think this is the right school for you?

Fairhill is wonderful! Students can learn and grow in an environment where they are loved by everyone in the building! Also, as a first year teacher I have so much support from my amazing administration, my brilliant colleagues, and incredible PTA!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.