Meet Mrs. Allyson Norris, Reading Teacher

Home Forums Portrait of a Tiger Meet Mrs. Allyson Norris, Reading Teacher

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Fairhill PTA 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Fairhill PTA
    Keymaster
    AllysonWhen did you realize you wanted to become a teacher?

It was probably when I was in first grade.  I loved school, especially when my teacher read aloud to us.  Some of my favorite children’s chapter books I remember being read to me in first and second grade and I love sharing books with children now.  I used to play school at home and it was always what I remember wanting to be once I grew up.

What made you want to teach at an elementary school?

I love the excitement in children as they learn new things- especially when they first learn to read! With elementary students every day is different and exciting and they make it fun to come to work each day.  It’s exciting to see how much kids change and grow during the elementary school years.

Name something you would like to improve upon.

I would like to get better at crafts.  I have some creative ideas, but I struggle to find time to bring my creations to life.

Which school/university did you attend?

I attended Purdue University for my undergrad degree (Go Boilers!) and George Mason University for my graduate degree.

What do you think of Fairhill? Why do you think this is the right school for you?

I love Fairhill and I’m so glad to be in my fifth year as a member of the Fairhill family.  I think it’s the right school for me because I love this community- the staff, the families, and especially our students make it the special place it is.  I’m so proud to be a Fairhill Tiger and I’m excited that next year my daughter will be a Fairhill Tiger too!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.