Meet Ms. Jaci Piesto, ESOL Teacher

Home Forums Portrait of a Tiger Meet Ms. Jaci Piesto, ESOL Teacher

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Fairhill PTA 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Fairhill PTA
    Keymaster

When did you realize you wanted to become an ESOL teacher?
    I realized I wanted to be an ESOL teacher when I was teaching first grade. 15/18 of my students were and LEP (Language English Proficient) level 1. (level 1 being low level 4 being high in English Language Development). Being a new first year teacher, I wanted to expand my knowledge on how to beset teach students whose second language was English.  Therefore,  I decided to get my Master’s degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.

What made you want to work at an elementary school?
    I have always wanted to be a teacher since I was a little girl. My mom was an elementary school teacher and I loved going to school with her and visiting her classroom.

Name something you would like to improve upon.
    I would like to improve on my cooking skills.

Which school/university did you attend?
    Duquesne University: Undergrad
    Grand Canyon University; Graduate

What do you think of Fairhill? Why do you think this is the right school for you?
    I love that Fairhill feels like home. I knew Fairhill was the right school for me when I took a tour of the building and everyone said hello and greeted and welcomed me with open arms!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.