Meet Ms. Kirsten Chen, Lead Special Education Teacher

Home Forums Portrait of a Tiger Meet Ms. Kirsten Chen, Lead Special Education Teacher

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Fairhill PTA 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Fairhill PTA
    Keymaster

chen

When did you realize you wanted to become a teacher?

I realized I wanted to be a teacher when I was in 2nd grade. I loved my 2nd grade teacher and wanted to be exactly like her.

What made you want to teach at an elementary school?

My inspirations were my 2nd grade teacher and my mom being an elementary school music teacher. I’ve always loved working with kids (which apparently was a surprise to many people…) and have always done some sort of summer job or volunteer work with kids across different settings. I still loved it enough to pursue this in college!

Name something you would like to improve upon.

Staying in the present. Sometimes it feels like my mind is always on the go and thinking about what I need to do next.

Which school/university did you attend?  

University of Virginia for both undergrad and grad school. Wahoowa!

What do you think of Fairhill? Why do you think this is the right school for you? 

I’ve been at Fairhill ever since graduating from UVA. I love the community and working with all the staff here! We definitely feel like a family.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.