Ms. Desirae Griffin, Library Assistant & Our All-Star Basketball Player

Home Forums Portrait of a Tiger Ms. Desirae Griffin, Library Assistant & Our All-Star Basketball Player

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Fairhill PTA 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Fairhill PTA
    Keymaster

gdWhat made you want to work in an elementary school?

Years ago, Fairhill Elementary kept losing their basketball games to other schools because they were missing a good three point shooter.  So I signed up.  Additionally, I love working in the library, helping in classes, and spending time with students.

How many sneakers do you really own?

I know it sounds crazy, but I own 53 pairs of sneakers.  I LOVE sneakers.  All different types and colors to match any outfit I wear.  My family keeps telling me to stop, but I just can’t get enough.

How did you earn the nickname “Pink Panther”?

At the first Fairhill basketball game where I got to play, Mr. Peevy asked me for my nickname.  The color pink is my favorite color so I knew it would be part of my nickname.  So my options became either Pink Dragon or Pink Panther.  After a few minutes, I chose Pink Panther and it has stuck with me ever since.  I love it.

What do you think of Fairhill? Why do you think this is the right school for you? 

True story, when my kids came to Fairhill, we would attend the school basketball games because basketball is my favorite sport.  At one of the games, I remember leaning over to my husband and telling him I’m going to get a job at that school so I can play in the basketball game.  So I did, and I’ve loved every minute of it!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.