School announcements are now on the new website https://fairhilles.fcps.edu/announcements.
The end-of-year testing window is quickly approaching. Please avoid scheduling student appointments or trips during the May 7-June 8 time period.
In addition to SOL testing, iReady and other end-of-the-year assessments will also be taking place during this time period at all grade levels.
Below is a list of the dates scheduled for grade level SOL tests.
- May 8th: 4th Grade Reading
- May 9th 5th Grade Reading
- May 10th: 6th Grade Reading
- May 11th: 3rd Grade Reading
- May 15th: 5th Grade Math
- May 16th: 6th Grade Math (includes 5th & 6th AAP)
- May 17th: 3rd Grade Math
- May 18th: 4th Grade Math
- May 24th: 5th Grade Science
- May 30th: 4th Grade History
- June 4th: Reading Retests for eligible students
- June 5th: Math Retests for eligible students
- June 6th: SS/Science Retests for eligible students
- June 7th/8th: Make-up days for retakes, if needed
Our SCA (Student Government Association) is looking to begin a food pantry to assist our families who are in need. They are asking for the following donations:
Healthy, non-perishable food such as:
- Cheese or peanut butter crackers
- Cereal (preferably low in sugar)
- Milk boxes
- Beef jerky
- Apple Sauce (no sugar added)
- Fruit cups (in natural fruit juice)
- Granola Bars
- Power Bars
- Cereal Bars
- Single Serve Chef Boyardee items*
- Single Serve soups (with pull-tab opening)*
- Tomato juice
- Packaged nuts
- Trail mix
- Dried fruit
- Peanut Butter
- Individually packaged pretzels/goldfish/etc.
- Boxed drinks and juice
- Canned tuna
They may be dropped off at the school’s main office.
A message for parents or guardians of current fifth graders:
Sixth grade students cannot begin school in August without documentation of the Tdap booster. Parents or guardians should ask their private healthcare provider, or the health department, to review their child’s immunization record if they are unsure if their child has received the Tdap booster. Students who have received a Tdap booster between the ages of seven and eleven do not need another dose.
•Documentation must be provided to the school student information assistant (SIA) or registrar. We ask that this documentation be provided to the school before June 8, 2018. Acceptable documentation can be one of the following:
- A copy of your child’s immunization record showing the month, day, and year the Tdap vaccine was given.
- A note on a healthcare provider’s letterhead stating the month, day, and year the Tdap vaccine was given.
- A healthcare provider’s written statement of a permanent or temporary medical exemption. (A student whose healthcare provider prefers to wait until the student turns 11 to administer the Tdap must provide a temporary medical exemption.)
- A notarized Religious Exemption Form, which is available online.
•Students can receive immunizations required for school at their private healthcare provider or at any Fairfax County Health Department immunization clinic. Information about health department clinic locations and hours can be found on the Fairfax County Health Department website. Students receiving immunizations at the Health Department must be accompanied by an adult, and should bring their immunization records with them.
More information about immunization requirements and exemptions can be found in the current version of FCPS Regulation 2101 and on the General Registration Requirement section of the FCPS website.
If you have any questions, contact Teresa Gallahan, school health specialist, Department of Special Services, at 571-423-4313 or at email@example.com.
If a Fairhill staff member has gone above and beyond, and you would like to recognize them, click on this link to fill out an FCPS Cares card: https://www.fcps.edu/careers/